Tuesday, April 29, 2008

it's all because of this


Anime, specifically detective Conan…

That is the main reason why I want to learn Japanese language.

Although anime has English subtitles, it is still better to know directly what the characters are saying. There’s one episode in detective Conan where one of the characters crank a joke. I didn’t get it quickly because he uses Japanese words. I just understand it when a translation was shown. After that episode, I thought of studying Nihonng
o. But I don’t know how I will start. Then I remember that my father has an old Japanese dictionary (see, we do have the same interest). When I found the dictionary, I noticed that there is a Japanese character written on the front page. So, I asked my father if he knows how to write Japanese character. He told me that he knows a little. Then I asked him how he learned that. He said that he has a hiragana and katakana chart. So again, I looked for it. Right after I found it, I begin to study and memorize the characters. Everyday, I try to memorize another set until I memorize all of them. These are some of the greetings and characters that I have learned:

Ohayo- good morning








Konnichiwa- good day








Konbanwa-good evening







Oyasumi nasai- good night







I only study this during the summer vacation last year. It’s about one and a half month. Then after that, when the classes have started, I stopped studying Nihonngo and Japanese characters. It is because I don’t have time anymore. I need to do in schoolwork. Because of that I forgot some the things that I have learned in relation to Nihonngo and Japanese characters. Now, I’m trying to refresh my memory by reading again those charts and dictionary. After all, it is still vacation and I don’t have much thing to do.
Hopefully, I can continue this even the class starts, So that I won’t forget it again.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape