Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Which of them?

These past months, many people notices that I gained a lot of weight. Every time they see me, they always say “uy, tumaba ka..” Then I started to think. Why did I gain weight? It’s not that I am conscious with my body. I just want to know which of the foods I ate made me gain a lot of weight.
Rice -I eat two cups per meal. Is that much? I think it’s just normal.
Junk foods- I don’t eat much of these. My usual diet when I was in high school was not changed. Except for one..
Chocolates- during the first half of the second semester, I became addicted to chocolates. This was always on the list when we were buying groceries.

Is this the reason why I gained weight?



I researched on google to find out if eating chocolate will makes us fat.
Here’s what I have researched..


Eating chocolate as a snack compounds the problem. “If you eat chocolate between meals, when you’re most hungry, it rapidly satisfies your hunger and that reinforces your craving for it,” says obesity expert Barbara Rolls, of Pennsylvania State University. Her advice: “Break the cycle by having a delicious piece of chocolate at the end of a meal, when you’re already satisfied, and you’ll be less likely to overindulge.” “You don’t need to swear off chocolate entirely,” says Liebman. "If your diet is high in vegetables, fruit, lean protein, and whole grains, a little chocolate is OK. But many Americans eat a steady diet of cheeseburgers, pizza, doughnuts, french fries, ice cream, and other fatty, fattening foods. They need chocolate like they need pats of butter to swallow between meals. “If you have a hankering for something chocolate,” Liebman continued, “try a small chocolate candy or a York Peppermint Pattie. One 1.5-ounce pattie provides 170 calories, but only two grams of saturated fat. Beware of the huge chocolate candies sold at movie theaters, which have 400 to 800 calories per box or bar.”


Now I know, I always eat chocolates between meals that is why I crave for more. But chocolate isn’t the only food that makes me gains weight. (just like what I think before I made this research).There other foods that can contribute to obesity. Fatty foods and other sugary foods are also cause of obesity.
Now this answers my question.

CREDITS: (for picture) http://google.com
(for the article)-http://www.cspinet.org/new/chocolate_myths.html

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape